I reduced my photo copy image by 20% but it was still a little bigger then I wanted so I made 65% the size of the original. I couldn’t find the grey sharpie so got a light blue, yellow and a darker grey. None of them showed up on the black tule but the grey did show up on the candlelight tule.
I pinned the tule pattern to my fabric and used the Clover white pen to make the transfer.
I used Superior Thread’s Master Piece #150 (light lavender) on top, #182 (ash blond) in the bobbin with a #12 topstitch needle.
Here is the finished block: front
the tule transfer works well and I will be using the method again.
In sewing the design I found if I went really slow I could stay on the lines accurately. It took a lot of patience on my part but I did it! I loved putting the pebbles in the center of the flower and noticed my stipple changed size according to my desire to finish. If I ever use the stipple as an all over design I will really have to concentrate to keep it consistent.
Thanks to Don Linn and SewCal Gal for once again giving us a quality Challenge.