Today I am working on two projects (UFO's)
1. Diamond Rail Fence from Missouri Star Quilt Company
I am sewing 6.5 in. blocks together to get 12.5 in. blocks. Then I can start putting the top together.
2. This one is a Quilt Along from Christa Quilts called Hugs and Kisses. I am using strips I cut last summer so I am calling it a UFO ;-). This week we are subcutting the strips.
I have a lot of cutting left to do, then I can start making the Bow Ties. She has a give away with this quilt sew come join in!
Linking up with SewCal Gal at her Quilt Party
I hope everyone is enjoying there quilting weekend.
I finished two of the projects I listed last week.
I think my little mug rug turned out pretty good.
Finally got all the hand stitching completed on the binding. About one fourth of the back is the fabric left over from the piecing. It is kind if neat to wind up, basically, with a double quilt. I just quilted straight lines with my walking foot. It is made from flannel so it is soft and cuddly.
I am linking up to FMQ Friday
Have a good Quilty week.
Time to share what I have been working on this week. My first Mug Rug. Just a little quilt to use on a table top. I had a lot of fun working on this but, the pebbles are time consuming. Just had to have some feathers and tried out Leah Day's design that looks like geese. Oh, I almost forgot to mention the swirls.
I rounded the corners, a first for me, and the brown binding is cut on the bias. Everything is from my stash. The thread is Superior's SoFine 50.
Light House Mug Rug
This will be going to my Massage therapist as Lighthouses are the theme of her business.
Works in progress WIP
These are the projects I need to focus on. That cute little blue face is saying I really need to get these done.
1. The upper right is the Mug Rug;
2. upper left is Dan's quilt with the hand work on the binding well along;
3. lower left is a pillow top from Craftsy's Carol Ann Wauh's Stitch and Slash class; and
4. the lower right is Charming Chevrons a quilt along at Christa's Quilt.
I am linking up to Leah Days FMQ Friday